:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

woensdag 7 april 2010

Spring is here -- as evidenced by the clouds of yellow pollen hanging in the air for the past week. (It's supposed to rain tomorrow night -- not soon enough, if you ask me.) My life is stumbling along quite as usual. High points:

- I have only 49 workdays left, which is a big milestone.

- I've gotten a few additional pieces of info from Duke -- nothing super useful, but some interesting details nonetheless. (Example: the 2011 American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) national conference is going to be in Las Vegas, and students are encouraged to attend -- to the tune of Duke canceling our classes for that week and partially covering our travel expenses. Nice.)

- I'm running the Tar Heel Ten Miler this coming Saturday with 4 other people from my office, which should be lots of fun.

- Liz will (hopefully) find out about her job on Friday, which is good timing, considering we're heading out to (probably) commit to our new apartment complex on Saturday after the race. Since I won't really have much income, knowing what her salary will be is a crucial piece of the apartment-hunting puzzle.

- I'm still hunting for outside scholarship applications -- the pickings are incredibly slim, but I just found one that actually seems tailor-made for me: bilingual students entering the healthcare field. The essay should be pretty easy; the only catch will be if they'll accept the certificate of fluency I have from the Dutch government (because I'm definitely not paying $90 to take a second fluency test here in the States). We shall see... it's worth a try, anyway.

- Liz defends her thesis two weeks from today. Needless to say, the stress level in this apartment right now is pretty much through the roof.

That's pretty much all I've got as far as a Life Update so far. Stuff should start rolling in from Duke pretty soon as far as required textbooks, instruments, immunizations (I have to get varicella titers drawn, bah), and other such nonsense, and financial info should start coming in about six more weeks, around the end of May. I'm sure I'll have more to talk about once that all starts happening.

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger