:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

vrijdag 30 april 2010

We went to see Wicked at DPAC last night, and it was fantastic. Highly recommended to anyone thinking about going!!! :) I think Kelsey has the soundtrack, so I'll try to restrain myself from buying it on iTunes until I can get it for free. Liz was in tears during parts of it... it was that good.

Anyway, today I'm having another of those insane Fridays where I try to get everything done at once. Liz and I took her car to the mechanic this morning (tire problems), and after I dropped her off at work, I went to Lake Johnson and ran my usual 6-mile circuit (two loops of the lake). After coming home, showering, and grabbing a snack, I went to our leasing office, signed the Intent to Vacate papers, and turned in our official 60-day notice. Our lease ends June 29th, and the woman (who is new and doesn't know us) tried to give me grief about coming in today (the 30th) instead of yesterday. I argued as politely as I could that May has 31 days, that today is exactly 60 days from our move-out date, that we had counted carefully so that we'd know exactly when this needed to be done -- and, finally, that if they had wanted it yesterday, that perhaps tenants should be asked for a 'two-month notice' instead of a 60-day notice. Anyway, it wasn't really a big deal, and the worst-case scenario is that we'll end up paying one extra day of rent, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

After getting that taken care of, I drove to our new apartments in Durham, turned in our applications, and got a look at an empty model of the floor plan we're going to be getting. It isn't quite as nice as the one we wanted (no double vanity in the master bath, etc.), but it's certainly as good, if not better, than what we have now... and the location (Southpoint!!!) can't be beat. It's a third-floor, two-bedroom, two-bath apartment, with a walk-through kitchen and an L-shaped balcony which overlooks a quiet green courtyard space with lush grass and skinny pine trees. I can see us spreading out a blanket down there and hanging out for hours, when the weather's as nice as it is now. I think we'll be happy there.

Anyway, I'm home now, and about to start on the rest of my massive to-do list. I'm currently folding up our winter coats and other heavy clothes that we won't wear again until the fall so that I can put them in suitcases and stick the suitcases in the coat closet. That'll mean (a) more space for the clothes we ARE wearing right now, and (b) one less chore to do when moving day actually arrives. I might stick a few other things in boxes, too -- we've been stockpiling cardboard boxes for over a year in preparation for moving day.

After all that, I have to:

- work out a final budget for Duke
- complete and submit my immunization papers to Duke
- send a couple of emails, including one to my car/renter's insurance company
- watch a documentary on vaccines that I missed earlier this week
- write cards to Liz (birthday) and my mom (Mother's Day)
- figure out where and when I can donate blood (I want to know my blood type)
- do laundry, wash dishes, and generally clean this disgusting apartment... LOL

We'll see how far I get...

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger