:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

donderdag 26 oktober 2006

My car has been completely encased in ice the past two mornings I've had to go babysit. Think it's time to invest in an ice scraper. In October. I'm not used to this.

The night I completely forget about Grey's Anatomy, it's new. The night I have nothing whatsoever to do, it's a rerun. Figures.

I love having Liz home (even if the first thing I had to do was pay her the cable bill, LOL). I mean, who else can join me in reciting the entire script of Pirates of the Caribbean, Pride & Prejudice, and every Disney movie on the planet? Scuttle the seagull's attempt at 'singing' in The Little Mermaid is our current favorite.

After all the talk about dressing up as Jack Sparrow for Halloween, I still failed to secure a wig - mostly because I couldn't find one under fifty bucks - and since one clearly cannot be Jack without the hair, I'm back to square one on a costume. Anybody have any simple ideas?

The Josh Groban contest winner will be notified tomorrow. I'm not really holding out any hope whatsoever - but I'll be keeping my phone on ring during class, and if I see a 407 area code, I can't promise I won't scream just a little.

Yeah - my finals schedule? Sucks. Even though I only have two. See, classes end Wednesday (the 6th), I have one final that Friday (the 8th) - and somehow the universe found it appropriate not to schedule the other one until the NEXT Friday. Otherwise known as (a) a full WEEK after my first one, (b) the LAST day of finals, and (c) the day before my cousin's wedding (in Birmingham). Meaning I have to take a final on Friday, hang around Chapel Hill for a full WEEK with absolutely no one to talk to and nothing to do, then take another final the NEXT Friday and immediately hop into the car, drive eight hours to Florida, get there at 11pm, then leave again the next morning to go to Birmingham with my family for the wedding. Grrr. I'll ask my Persian teacher to have mercy and let me take it early, but I doubt she will.

Not like anyone cares but me, but my final paper for syntax is going to be about complementizers in Dutch. At least I found a topic I'm actually somewhat interested in.

So Apple bumped their Macbook Pros up to Core 2 Duo processors. The hard drives are getting progressively bigger, too - apparently you can get them up to 200 GB now. My 60 GB is the Achilles heel of my Powerbook; I'm constantly having to dump non-crucial things onto the 80 GB backup and then delete them from the internal HD, just to make room. Come on, guys - let's have a 12" Macbook Pro along with the release of Leopard, huh? Core 2 Duo processor, OS Leopard, 100 GB, aluminum, around 4 pounds... I'm still waiting.

I am really, really rooting for Lorelai and Christopher on Gilmore Girls. Weigh in if you have an opinion.

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger