1) The parts are in, and my car will be fixed on Friday morning pending the Boss Man's approval.
2) My lobbying for an extra $200 in travel money resulted in a very reluctant $100. Which isn't a lot, but it's in the non-taxable part of the salary, so that's nice.
3) I saw Pirates of the Caribbean II and was pretty impressed. It starts slow - I was mumbling, "Oh no, please don't let it tank!" - but it gets better. It has a rather different personality from the first movie, which I think is the reason the online reviews have been mediocre - people's standards are higher now - but it's also quite a bit funnier, and ends with a great cliffhanger to set us up for movie 3 (due out in May). And - spoiler - Jack and Elizabeth finally make out! Even if it is just part of a trick on her part. (I was expecting that all through movie 1 and it never happened.) But in reading the online reviews, I apparently missed a lot of subtleties, so I think I'm going to go see it again tomorrow night. A movie plus dinner and firewall-less wireless Internet at Panera sounds like a good evening to me.
4) I just commandeered the washer/dryer with no competition whatsoever. Gotta love having second period free.
5) It's raining, and it's supposed to keep raining, which means we might get a rainy-day schedule this afternoon, hurrah!
6) In the counselor dodgeball game last night, I got smashed squarely in the face with a ball by Jesse Carranza, who is... wait for it... a former pitcher for the Atlanta Braves. (No, I couldn't just get hit by a REGULAR counselor, why do you ask? ;)) It hurt, to say the least, and shot me full of adrenaline that made me hyperventilate for a while - and if it had been another inch to the center it would have broken my nose - but I'm still intact. My nose is sore to the touch, but definitely not broken, and the facial swelling around my cheek and eye is so slight that I'm the only one who can really see it. No shiner or anything. Apparently Jesse also nailed the smallest girl in camp, Emily, in the head by accident right after he got me in the face, so most people forgot about me in the ensuing drama. (She's barely spoken since, and the nurse said she reported 'hearing voices' last night... I think Jesse should be banned from any future dodgeball...)
7) I might possibly get to go work at Camp Laurel for a few days after this camp ends. That would be a good way to (a) earn a little extra money, (b) kill off those extraneous days between the end of camp and the Boston swim, and (c) decide if perhaps I'd like to work there next year (they've really impressed me so far). I might find out tomorrow - I'll keep you all posted.