:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

woensdag 28 juni 2006

Here's some more evidence for male homosexuality's having a biological basis. Just found it on Google News - worth a read.

I also just took my camper (Margaret) over to Camp Laurel for riding, and she had a great time. She rode a pony named Tinkerbell, and had a little trouble with her in the beginning (Tink doesn't like to walk - she'd prefer to just trot all the time), but after the first ten minutes (spent learning half-halts) she got a handle on the pony's quirks and started having a good time. I was really impressed with Sara, the instructor, too - throughout the whole lesson, she said and did exactly what I would have said and done. She got on the horse herself for a minute to demonstrate something Margaret didn't understand, and she also interspersed her advice with regular praise ("I like the way your shoulders are very open!" etc.). I could tell she really knew her stuff; it sort of made me want to be a camper again so I could take a lesson from her. :)

I have about another hour of free time (it's my period off), and then we have lunch and rest hour, and then I have two periods of waterfront (at least one of which will be guarding on the boat, yay) and golf cart. I like A days. Although Margaret and I were counting, and there really aren't that many days of camp left for the two-weekers. Tomorrow is Thursday and we're going to Aquaboggin, a water park; Friday is an A day; Saturday's a B day; Sunday we don't do activities (we wake up later, have a long rest hour, get to watch movies, the kids can call home, etc.); Monday's an A day; Tuesday (the 4th of July) we're going to a baseball game and fireworks show; Wednesday's an A day; Thursday's a B day; Friday's an A day, and Saturday the kids go home. So only 4 more A days and 2 more B days in total, and then we get the second batch of kids. (Although some of this group will be staying; kids can stay for 2, 4, or 6 weeks, and quite a few choose 4. My camper, Jordan, is staying 6 weeks, although she's switching rooms after the first 2 weeks to be with her old friends, so she won't be 'our' camper anymore.)

Guess that's all for now. I'm off tomorrow night (from 18:30 to 1:00) and then my On-Duty (OD) group is on on Friday night. I'm assigned to Wesleyan (which is the dorm/office building), meaning I have to stay up until 1 AM and supervise the floor so the other counselors can go out, use the Internet, etc. It's not hard; I'll just take a book. Those are the youngest kids, so they'll turn the lights out early and I probably won't have to do anything at all. We haven't been told when our DAYS off (a full 16 hours, 9:00-1:00) are going to be, though, and I really want to know, because I need to get my car in for service and I also want to go to the L.L.Bean outlet in Freeport :) which is pretty close to here. Anyway, we get 4 of them spread out over the course of summer, so I'm sure we'll find out soon.

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger