:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

maandag 31 oktober 2005

100 Things About Me
(Edited 2/27/2011!)

1. I am an Aquarius.
2. My birthday, January 30th, is the anniversary of the date that Hitler came to power.
3. I'm a swimmer, runner, and triathlete.
4. One of my biggest goals in life is to go on a medical trip to a Third World country.
5. My favorite colors are green, blue, and purple.
6. I got my B.A. in linguistics, and was originally working toward an M.A. in the same.
7. Then I started to hate linguistics, and after a long, hard road, I'm finally in PA school. It's AMAZING.
8. My ears are double-pierced.
9. I love eggplant.
10. In 2007, I headed up a successful swim relay across the English Channel.
11. I've studied six foreign languages, though the only one I'm truly fluent in is Dutch.
12. I was a National Merit Scholar, though I've been in many academic circumstances where I haven't always felt like one.
13. I had a full undergraduate scholarship to the University of Florida.
14. I graduated from there on May 6, 2006 - a member of UF's 100th graduating class.
15. I spent a year and a half of my undergrad living in the Netherlands.
16. One of the happiest days of my life was when we got rid of George W. Bush and Obama became president.
17. I love French fries with mayonnaise.
18. For a long time, I thought I wanted to work as a government linguist.
19. I don't have enough faith in my own creativity to want my income to depend on it, but I'd love to be a writer.
20. European chocolate is one of my top ten favorite foods.
21. I love photography.
22. My iPhone is my lifeline.
23. I've met Shania Twain (got an autograph and a picture onstage), Josh Groban (got an autograph and a HUG!), Vicki Noon (got an autograph), and Teal Wicks (autograph, picture, and brief conversation).
24. My favorite actor is Johnny Depp.
25. But books are always better than movies. Period.
26. I had a bone deformity in my right heel when I was 13 - which was originally misdiagnosed as bone cancer - and spent a year on crutches.
27. I feel more naked without perfume than without pants.
28. One of my fondest memories of childhood summers is standing barefoot on the warm concrete of our driveway after dinner, eating Popsicles with my mom and sister, watching the Florida sun go down.
29. My thumbs are shaped like tennis rackets.
30. According to my mom, I could spell my name with ABC blocks before I could even walk.
31. I miss swimming, and really wish I were still working out as hard as I was in college -- nine swim workouts a week!
32. I'm not half bad at Sudoku.
33. I saw Titanic five times in the theater when I was 14.
34. One talent I definitely do not have is the ability to make music.
35. I was a 'spontaneous reader' at age 2, and I've written little poems, stories, and songs since age 4.
36. I work out six days a week, sometimes more than once.
37. We had a bench-press competition in weightlifting class once, with a 15-lb barbell. I did 63 reps - third-highest among all the girls in the class.
38. I've never even touched a cigarette.
39. My favorite book is The Time-Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
40. I kept diaries faithfully from age 6 through 13.
41. I take probiotics, krill oil, and vitamin D every day.
42. I love seafood, especially shrimp.
43. I swam 12.5 miles around the island of Key West when I was 21.
44. I drove a gray VW Beetle for six years, and I still miss it.
45. Left to my own devices, I am so organized as to almost be considered OCD.
46. I have never lived completely alone.
47. I used to want to do an Ironman triathlon more than anything.
48. Then I did a half Ironman and promptly shelved the idea of doing a full one.
49. I have done two marathons, however.
50. I love watching really good dancers go nuts.
51. I myself, however, am (sadly) not particularly rhythmically inclined.
52. Flip-flops are the most awesome shoes ever invented.
53. Cliche as it sounds, I would love to live in New York City one day.
54. I have a really awesome recipe for shrimp pasta that never fails to impress people.
55. However, it is pretty much the ONLY thing I can cook.
56. I'm a very talented writer.
57. I drink only occasionally.
58. The sound of rain puts me to sleep.
59. I once cut my hair so short that I had to wear it in gelled spikes.
60. I am obsessed with the play Wicked.
61. I get a flu shot every year.
62. I love fruit smoothies, colorful salads, fish, shrimp, nuts, whole-wheat and whole-grain breads and cereals - all the things 'they' say you're supposed to eat.
63. Yet I also absolutely cannot stand apples or purple grapes in any form, so forget the old 'apple a day' adage.
64. And if I'm really honest, one of my favorite restaurant meals is green beans, fried okra, hash browns, mac-and-cheese, biscuits, and a brownie sundae at Cracker Barrel. :)
65. I also go nuts for Starbucks' black-and-white cookies and Moe's burritos.
66. It was easy to get my fix in Gainesville - the UF club swim team usually went to Moe's at least once a week after practice.
67. We always got the Moo Moo Mr. Cow kid's meal.
68. Did I mention how much I miss swimming?
69. One of my favorite TV series is Modern Family.
70. I love kids. That said, I get really frustrated by people who don't control their kids.
71. Fried green tomatoes are the greatest food in the whole world.
72. Fried pickles aren't bad either.
73. I have a slight obsession with backpacks.
74. Also purses, suitcases, and anything with zippers and pockets.
75. Sometimes I think I have healing power in my hands.
76. Which sounds really wacky, but L swears she can feel 'something' when I lay my hands on her when she's hurting.
77. Animals seem to feel it, too, especially if they're sick or hurt.
78. I am undecided as to whether I want children.
79. I am so excited by all the career possibilities that are opening up for me.
80. Although it's the last thing I ever thought would grab me, palliative care is kind of pulling me in.
81. Aside from the big feet, 5'5" height, and double-pierced ears, my sister and I do not look one bit alike.
82. People who don't see the whole family together sometimes ask if one of us was adopted.
83. I'm really curious as to what my own children might look like.
84. Sometimes I worry that I'm too judgmental or too emotionally closed-off.
85. I love coffee.
86. I love the way my body looks when I'm doing a regular weight-training program.
87. Sadly, I'm not nearly as adherent to the above as I should be.
88. I love watching people do the things they love most in the world.
89. Now that I've experienced Mac computers, I don't know how I ever liked PCs.
90. I'm a procrastinator.
91. There's a part of me that would love to be a total minimalist and live in a tiny house with a huge organic garden and just a few material possessions.
92. Then I give myself a reality check.
93. I usually don't like playing board games.
94. An exception is Catch Phrase. If you've never played it, you're missing out.
95. Although I love to sort and organize, I absolutely despise actual cleaning.
96. I talk in my sleep -- usually nonsense. (Apparently, I recently said, "You have to be careful of the workers, 'cause the dog's head is made of Jell-O.")
97. If and when I get another Pembroke Welsh Corgi one day, her name is going to be Bella.
98. I am a liquor girl. Beer makes me want to vomit.
99. I desperately want the right to marry the woman I fall in love with.
100. My great-grandmother lived to be 100 years old - and I'm planning to beat her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your posting of the 100 things is remarkable. I'm a grad student working on a dissertation on 20th century American, German and French poetry at UNC-Chapel Hill. I am dying to meet you. Please don't pre-judge me from my blog poem and profile. Im at:
ezelko@email.unc.edu
Eric Zelko

26/1/07 00:04  

Een reactie posten

<< Home

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger