:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

maandag 19 september 2005

A lot more grad school stuff has fallen into place over the past few days. It started out panicky - I got an e-mail from Georgetown saying they hadn't gotten my transcripts yet - so I started trying to figure out how to send transcripts (requiring my signature) from overseas. In the meantime, I sent emails requesting the status of my supplementary materials from other schools, and I got confirmation that Yale, UNC, and Pitt had all received transcripts. Then someone at UF sent me an e-mail basically saying 'my bad', that they had somehow missed Georgetown even though I had clearly requested it, so now that's handled, and as a bonus, I now know for sure that my application is complete at all those schools.

And then the Harvard application came online, so even though it took an extra day to submit because I had to get tech support to fix something, at least it's in. It was kind of weird - in a way, it was a lot more detailed than the others (I had to list all my linguistics courses and linguistically-related courses, describe all my jobs since high school, plus give a lot of financial information) but in other ways it seemed a lot less nitpicky than the others. For instance, there was only one small section for 'published materials or patented inventions' (riiiight). (Which is great, obviously, seeing as I have NONE of that and some other applications devote a whole page to it.) And, as a bonus, the fee and recommendations can be done online after all! I thought they had to be on paper. That helps me out, because otherwise I was going to have to print the sheets, fill them out, and mail them internationally to my professors, plus mail a separate check to Harvard itself. Anyway, so the only thing that's a bit disturbing to me now is that Yale apparently hasn't received my GRE scores yet, while I sent them in May. Need to follow up on that. And I'm still waiting on the Brown application, of course, but that'll fall into place too.

Anyway, I got my 'abonnement' at the pool, so I swam 4k this morning and then 2k this evening with het Zinkstuk. I was actually really impressed by them - I was expecting a little club who just swam a few laps and then went and partied, but there were a LOT of people there and the group I swam with (the highest one) had four or five really hardcore girls in it. So I think this will be really good. And they do meets, too, although not very often.

Anyway, so now I have to go play basketball - why is everything on Mondays? - and then come back and read a bunch of Spanish articles. At least I got the creative writing done on Saturday.

Ciao!

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger