:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

vrijdag 11 maart 2005

Well, the test went okay. Unfortunately, she didn't give us the fourth prompt (which we all loudly complained about as the sheets were being passed out), but it still went okay with 1 and 3. I got the info I needed for the first part of the noun classes essay, sketchy though it may have been. I forgot one of my points for the third essay - I knew I'd had five points of elaboration and suddenly completely forgot the last one - but as I wrote, I remembered it. So it turned out all right. I'm expecting an A.

Two Impact party members really ticked me off today. I was sitting at a table in the sun during my free fifth period, listening to my iPod and finishing up the last of the three books Mom bought me over break. (Notice - reading a book and wearing headphones.) Yet they still came up to me and asked if they could ask me the questions from a 'spiritual survey'. A thousand retorts flashed through my mind, but the one that came out was, "Well, you can try." All they got out of their nicety-nice politically correct questions was: I'm an atheist, I don't go to church and never have, I can't remember there ever having been a time when I believed in a God, and I believe that when we croak, that's it.

I wasn't very nice to them, but I didn't really care. I had just taken a test and was trying to 'decompress'; I was obviously in 'do-not-disturb' mode, and still they came over and harassed me with questions that were none of their damn business. Way to represent your party favorably. Not like I was planning to vote in the SG elections anyway, but if I were, Impact would have just lost my vote in a big way.

(I haven't actually talked to anyone who IS going to vote, and this is because SG has failed to note that nobody on campus has the slightest idea (a) what any of the parties stand for, (b) what the differences are between them, (c) when the elections are, or (d) where we're supposed to vote. Nor, I might add, do most people care that much. We did our part by making Alachua a Kerry county, and look how that turned out.)

Okay, I'm going back to my book now.

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger