:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

woensdag 30 maart 2005

Hmm, haven't done one of these in a while... stole this one off my sister's site.

Complete The Sentence:

I once had a dream... that a furry monster was picking up my foot and eating my toes. I think I was three or four at the time.
I'm only racist towards... people with thick Southern accents - I can't help but think of them as stupid.
I don't even know why I... am filling out this survey, when I'm sure no one cares.
I'd give anything to have sex with... uuhhh - some tall, broad, cute, multilingual athlete (but not too skinny!).
Nothing sucks more than... getting your period the day before a swim meet. :)
If I had six bucks I'd buy... the Moo Moo Mr. Cow kids meal from Moe's.
It's hot. I should take off my... pajamas. But do you really wanna see that?
It's always more fun if you... add 'in bed' the the end of your fortunes.
You can't eat steak without.... teeth.
You better shut up before I... fall asleep.
I really like you and everything but... you're too young for me.

What would you do if...

A dirty old guy at the airport slaps your ass?: Probably ask at the top of my voice if his mother never taught him to keep his hands to himself.
Somebody was about to steal your car?: Sic Demon Dog from next door on him - if he can attack my poor mom, he can sure attack a stranger.
You wake up with a billion spiders crawling all over you and your bed?: Jump under the shower, pajamas and all - then call the night manager.
The person you just kissed tells you they have oral herpes?: Spit on them, then run for the mouthwash.
You had three wishes? Wish for unlimited wishes, of course!
The government allowed you to choose one thing to be made illegal and one thing to be legalize?: I'm with my sister on this one - outlaw smoking, and legalize euthanasia. Or maybe pot.
Britney Spears was at your front door asking for jumper cables?: Give them to her, then laugh when she hooks them up wrong.
You had a time machine?: Go forward and get a sneak peek at myself 30 years from now.
FOX gave you a half hour show to do whatever you wanted?: Inject some liberalism into that Republican-ized channel.

Would you rather....

Find the cure for cancer or the cure for AIDS?: Cancer - AIDS is technically preventable, but cancer can strike anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Have the power to fly, or the power to teleport?: Fly!
Have the power to see the future, or the power to record your dreams?: Why is this even a question? See the future, definitely.
Be really skinny, or really fat?: Really skinny. You can add curves and muscles where there are none, but taking them away, that's a whole different story.
Be lost in a forest, or stuck in a box?: How big of a box, and where is it? Might be funny.
Be in a drama movie, or a comedy?: Either.
Be in a hip hop video or a rock video?: Neither.
Have your birthday on Christmas Day, or on February 29th?: February 29th! I could have been, if I'd been a couple weeks after my due date, but, as it turned out, I was in a rush to get here.
Live in the sewer, or in Afghanistan?: Practically the same thing, aren't they?
Be in a mental institution or in a penitentiary?: Penitentiary.
Snowboard or hang glide: Both! But hang gliding sounds more fun.
Be a ninja or a pirate?: Ninja.

Who was the last person...

That haunted you?: That weird kid from Impact who practically stalked me all last week, trying to figure out my religious beliefs and trying to get me to vote in the SG elections.
You wanted to kill?: See above.
You laughed at?: Fabienne, when she came in drunk just now.
Laughed at you?: Anna, in the car on the way home from swim practice, during the description of my last clubbing experience (it involved Renate, Fat Tuesdays slushies, and two desperate Indian guys).
Turned you on?: Well, it definitely wasn't the Indian guys. ...I must admit, Martin still holds that honor. Someone else step up to the plate, please?
Went shopping with? Mom, I think, to buy bathing suits.
Called you?: Carolyn. Or did I call her?
To disappoint you?: Lauren; her alligator drawings weren't as good as I'd hoped.
To make you mad?: My Language and Dialect teacher, because she's had our papers for two weeks now and not returned them. Grrr.
Brighten up your day: Sarah, a swimming classmate - we realized today that we went to the same elementary school and actually kind of remember each other from way back.
You saw a movie with?: Renate (Meet the Fockers)
You instant messaged?: Mom
Saw?: Fabienne, stumbling drunkenly up the stairs, eyes half-closed.

Friends

Who is your best friend?: There are a lot of possible answers, but Elise and Renate definitely make the top few, plus Anna, Jenna, Lauren, and Nika from swimming, and I guess Carolyn's up there too. Oh, and Linde and Alette... OK, I'll stop now.
Person that knows most about you?: Aside from my family, probably Elise.
Best advice that anyone has ever given you?: "Don't lurk in doorways."
Your favorite inside joke?: "No, 'linguist' is not a synonym for 'nerd'."
You're picked on most about?: Renate sometimes picks on me about my eating habits, but other than that, really nothing.
Who's your longest known friend?: Well, I would have said Elise (six years), but after talking for 45 minutes in the locker room with Sarah today, we realized we've technically known each other since kindergarten!
Shyest?: Carolyn
Closest?: Elise
Weirdest?: Greg (from work), if you call him a friend.
Ditziest?: Probably Hanna, but in a cute way.
Friends you miss being close to the most?: Mandy, Faith, Liselotte, David...
Who are you on the phone with most?: These days, it's Mom.
Who do you trust most?: I really don't know.
Who listens to your problems?: Usually my parents.
Who do you fight with most?: I don't really FIGHT with anyone, but Renate and I end up in edgy little 'discussions' a lot - we both have to be right 100% of the time, which can be difficult. :)
Who's the nicest?: Carolyn
Who's the most outgoing?: Probably Renate, but I fall into that category myself, too.
Who's the best singer?: Toss-up between Mandy, Renate, and Faith - they all have different styles.
Do you always feel understood?: Usually
Who's the loudest friend?: Once again, Renate.
Do you trust others easily?: Generally, yes.
Whose house were you last at?: Besides my own? Uh... Nika's, if a dorm room counts as a house.
Do your friends know you?: As opposed to my evil twin?
Friend that lives farthest away?: The whole Dutch contingent.

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger