:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

donderdag 24 februari 2005

One more day to go, and then we're onto spring break. My days are filling up fast - D just e-mailed me with my work schedule for this weekend, and it is insane. I have a total of 18 hours spread over 3 shifts, and one of them begins, yes, begins at two in the morning (and runs until 10). I think that's the run on which I have to pick up a van full of UF professors who are flying out of Jacksonville. Hope they tip. :)

I only have one class tomorrow - Language and Culture - which means I have nothing to do until 12:50. I'm thinking I may ride my bike to Target and spend the last $27 on my birthday gift card. Maybe I can find a bikini top that fits for a change. Also, I need some good face stuff, because this chlorine is wreaking havoc with my skin no matter how often I moisturize.

We canceled swim practice tomorrow night because so many people are going home a day early, which means I'll swim with Masters tomorrow and then B (an old high school friend) is turning 21, so I'll head over to his party. My best friend from high school is coming down from Georgia Tech just to be there - the two of them have always been close - so I'll get to see her, too, which is really exciting. Actually, that's the main reason I'm even going - I have to figure out whether I'm going to drive back to Jacksonville really early in the morning to start my 9:30 shift at work, or if I'm going to not drink at the party and drive back late tomorrow night. I'll see how tired I am after swimming tomorrow.

I got the Green Sheet of Death signed by all the appropriate people and turned in today, which is a load off my mind. And I was also made aware of a new option for my classes over there - University College. Universiteit Utrecht doesn't really have a 'campus' - students live in flats and houses all over the city, and the classroom buildings are interspersed with normal houses and offices - but University College is actually a (small) campus; there are lots of international students as well as Dutch students, and they live in dorm-style housing and have a cafeteria, sports facilities, etc. The only downside is that you are required to live on campus, and they want about 3200 euro for one semester. That includes all meals, which is kind of nice, and it's nice to have everything so compact in one area, but I'm still not sure it's worth it. Assuming my letter works and I don't get shafted in terms of housing again, I can live a lot more cheaply in a 'normal' student house, where I'd probably pay about 250 euro a month (so 1000 total) plus around 500 for food. Anyway, I just sent out an e-mail to everyone I know in Utrecht and asked them their opinion of University College and asked them to keep their eyes open for free rooms (sometimes rooms come free for a semester if people go abroad, etc.), so we'll see what happens. I've also e-mailed a swim team over there (found it through the sports center) and they said they'd love to have me - three 1.5-hour practices a week minimum - so I'll be able to keep that up, too.

Okay, I think I've done all I can do for one night. Time to curl up in bed with Angels and Demons (the prequel to The Da Vinci Code). Rereading, if you wait long enough, is almost as good as reading something for the first time.

Goodnight!

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger