:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

donderdag 3 februari 2005

I'm dead tired and don't have anything specific to say, but I haven't posted in a while, so here we go.

Jacksonville has gone Super Bowl Crazy (said with the same inflection as 'Wal-Mart Crazy'). Everything is spruced up and nice, there are traffic signs along all the roads directing people to the cruise ships (they brought cruise ships in and parked them along the St. Johns to serve as extra hotels; that's how the city got the bid), and there are a TON of out-of-state drivers. All the Jacksonvillians know where you can speed and where you can't, where lanes shift and/or disappear, etc., but the out-of-towners don't and so they cause a lot of slowdowns. They did yesterday, at least - it seemed like every time I had to blow past someone, the license plate was Maine or Virginia or something random. But after a lot of rushing around, I got my teeth fixed and got my chauffeur's license. That was pretty much my entire yesterday, besides classes and morning swimming.

Speaking of swimming, crazy A (team president) has signed me up for like FIVE events in the meet - two relays (which are fun), a 200 free (scary!), a 50 'Mardi Gras' (nobody knows what in the world it is, but we decided it sounded fun - the meet is in New Orleans), and, quote, 'and there's something else too, I think, but I can't remember it right now.' Nice. LOL. Just don't expect miracles with that 200 free. I'll be happy with just cracking 3 minutes. Wish we had a little longer to prepare. Oh, well, at least our team suits (navy blue with 2 orange alligators) should get here in time. Can't wait for that - my normal suit (which is actually new and a size smaller than I've had in the past) feels absolutely enormous now that I've worn a 32.

Only one more day of work. I was so happy to see J for the last time today - that's this little boy who has (a) the pickiest mother on earth, (b) big loud lungs, and (c) too much body fat - he's barely six months old and he weighs TWENTY-THREE POUNDS. (His brother, who is almost 3, weighs 32 pounds.) Tell me that's not ridiculous! Anyway, his mom is pulling him out (told you she was picky!) and so today was the last day I saw him. Goodbye and good riddance. I will miss my two Ms, though - tiny red-haired M who never cries, and nine-month-old M with enough personality for ten babies. I can't wait till she starts talking - brace yourselves.

Anyway, I have been exhausted this whole week - I haven't gotten enough sleep, due to various things (J-ville trips, exams, and, yeah, the computer) and it's taking its toll. Plus my body is falling apart - not only do I have this stupid knee to contend with, but my glutes are sore for unknown reasons (kicking? biking?) plus I smacked my right hand against the lane rope while sharing a lane during butterfly and it's now bruised and looks like it belongs to a battered housewife. Ah, well, them's the breaks. And the knee is getting better - they gave me a neoprene sleeve (which I also wear while swimming) and although I know its benefit is really more mental than anything - to serve as a 'reminder' of sorts not to hyperextend - it does seem to be helping.

I am now going to stop babbling and go to bed. :)

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger