:: eye of the storm ::

About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

zondag 28 november 2004

Well, it's been a good weekend. I worked for four hours at ACA on Wednesday, then drove home in a rainstorm in the pitch-dark. The next day, both grandmothers and my grandfather came over, plus Aunt K and Uncle J, and they all sat around looking at old baby pictures, oohing and aahing over Mom's little backyard fountain, and grilling Catie and me about our boyfriends. Aunt K, Uncle J, and Grandma D left to go and eat at another aunt's house (we have a big family - my dad has four sisters and they all have kids) and my parents, grandparents, sister and I sat down to eat.

Turkey, stuffing, macaroni and cheese, salad, pumpkin pie, ice cream - it was a feast. :) My grandfather even made Grandma's special macaroni, as he informed me, "all by [him]self!", sparking conflicting feelings in all of us - we were impressed that he had done it (and it was really good, too!), but were a little sad at the same time that my grandmother, suffering from an as-yet-unnamed form of dementia, could no longer make it. I've loved her macaroni since before I can remember - it's made with real cheddar cheese and has spices and sometimes breading over the top - but it looks like it might become "Granddaddy's macaroni" now - he even took a little leap of faith and made it with half-and-half instead of milk, which turned out to be delicious.

Anyhow, the great mystery of why all the guys in the house fall asleep after Thanksgiving dinner has long been uncovered - the sleep-inducing hormone tryptophan, which is found in turkey. However, I was the only one who actually engaged in this stereotype, so I (apparently) had to do it well enough for everyone... I fell asleep for five hours after our meal! Four-thirty to nine-thirty... first on the couch, and then, when I dragged myself to my room, facedown on the bed. Making me the butt of every turkey joke for the next few days...

Anyhow, on Friday I went into work at Runways, the company I'm going to start driving for as soon as I turn 21. They run shuttles between Jacksonville and Gainesville. In the meantime, they have me coming into the office every once in a while to answer phones and such (which happens to be where I am right now). So on Friday I got trained in stuff like how to use the computer reservation program. Saturday, yesterday, was long and boring - the only break in the monotony was a trip to Costco to try to get me this bag. (It's only $40 at Costco.) Unfortunately, they were sold out, so I'll have to try again next week.

And today, I'm sitting in the Runways office all by myself... supposedly answering phones, but since it's a Sunday, no one has called yet. Maybe nobody will. Anyway, so I'm sitting here with my radio (which I begged off the manager of the hotel this office is attached to) listening to the Jaguars pregame show, sitting in front of an ultra-fast computer sending e-mails and posting to my website, all with a Wendy's within smelling distance... and getting paid, too. Gotta love it. I'm here till 21.00, though, and by then I'll probably be climbing the walls.

One other piece of news - I got a new bathing suit. It's a TYR - what else? - and reversible - solid royal blue on one side and a sort of diamond-ish pattern in shades of blue and black on the other side. It's different than the ones I've had before - it has skinny shoulder straps, and is also - brace yourselves - a size smaller than my last one. Hail the conquering hero... :)

OK, here comes the Jaguars game... gotta go...

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003

Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger