I am most definitely in a do-nothing mood. There are a lot of little things fluttering around in my head, such as:
- how I should just do my TESL homework now and get it out of the way, yet can't find the motivation
- that I REALLY want the new Marco Borsato DVD, and, related, how I wish the mailing list would go to my Gmail account like it's supposed to, instead of defaulting back to Hotmail
- that I really didn't do as good a job as I could have done on those Smalley exercises and that I should take the effort to write the IPA symbols... and how I really don't care enough to actually do that, considering the exercises are nearly impossible and extremely discouraging
- how I have eaten WAY too much today for someone who only left the apartment to go to Publix (read: no sports involved in any way, shape, or form, unless flexing my driving foot and wallet count)
- that I wish my professor would post our exam grades, because I think I did well and want to know for sure - and, related, that I wish my Boswell grades would finally come through, because then my transcript will be complete. (Note: my GPA is now over 3.5, YAY!)
- that work better not be closed on Tuesday, as I want my check! That plus my National Merit check will let me pay the rent on Thursday.
- how I wish there were fewer than 83 days until Christmas break
- that I wish my swimming instructor would just answer my e-mail about the exam, already, and stop ignoring me... and, related, that I hope the hurricane doesn't affect the pool so badly that we can't swim on Monday, because I really want to.
- ...and, related, how I hope school isn't canceled on Monday
- that I wish Virgin Atlantic would answer my e-mail about specials... and how I wish even more that they'd just start running an Orlando special
- how I might want to write a thesis after all but have no earthly idea what I would write it on... second language acquisition? Bilingualism in children? Some sort of English-Dutch comparison? (Help me out here, Internet.)
- that I want to buy that North Face coat and a couple of UF T-shirts, and, related, how I want my financial aid like, NOW, so I won't feel so guilty about buying said items... and, related, that I'd also really like an iPod and a lightweight, fast laptop like Dad's Sony, and that I know those are pretty much just dreams, at least for now
- that I really need to back up my files again, on my mini-hard drive, and that I once again really don't have the inclination to do so, at least not right now.
I am now going to sign off and proceed with my doing nothing... to the strains of Norah Jones, Marco Borsato, and Billy Joel.
My last fascinating comment of tonight: the sixth Harry Potter book now has an official name: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Or am I just the last person on earth to find that out?