:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

maandag 17 mei 2004

OK, so apparently I can book my ticket to Paris now - I'll go on the 10th, spend the night in the hotel with Margaret and Rhonda, friends of Faith's mom, and then the next morning I'll go meet Faith at the airport since M and R have something else planned. Cool, cool, cool!

Had a nice weekend: bought a Vliegende Panters CD, drove a train, had lasagna... and then I saw Linde today; we had coffee and dessert at Broers and then shopped a little for earrings and purses and the new Phil Collins CD (I say shopped, not bought, because I didn't spend one cent) and then she ran into someone she knew from Leeuwarden working at Australian so we got free ice cream. Melon, yum. And then we set a date to go to the beach next month. She's going sailing with her boyfriend for a few days (it's funny, the two of them met on the exact same day as Martin and I did) starting tomorrow... hope that goes well.

I just got my grades for my exam translations in the mail - three 8s, which is awesome. The Dutch saying goes, "8 is for really good students, 9 is for teachers, and 10 is for God," so I guess I did pretty well, haha. And my teacher agreed that my translation of A Heart of Stone was much more natural than the 'professional' one, yay for me!

But I still have no answer from Mr. Big-Shot at the camp in Florida - Mom has been on the phone with him twice and says he sounds like a jerk - and so I've decided that if he doesn't answer me by tomorrow or Wednesday, that he obviously doesn't care enough to pursue me, and if that's the case I'll go work at Ton-A-Wandah. It's a thousand dollars less pay, which sucks, but at least they're friendly and I know everything like the back of my hand.

It’s really getting so close that I can count the days. I don't have a ticket yet - that depends on the camp people - but according to my rough schedule, there are only 36 days left. Look:

May
18 – Wim’s lesson in Doetinchem
19 – horseback riding
20 – sauna/spa day with Martin
21 – Jeugdliteratuur mini-test due
22 – Ann-Christin’s party
23
24
25 – class all day
26 – horseback riding
27
28 –
29
30
31 – NO CLASS

June
1 – Utrecht city walk
2 – Wim’s lesson in Doetinchem; horseback riding
3
4 - 3rd Harry Potter movie released
5
6
7
8 – last day of real classes
9 – MARCO BORSATO CONCERT!!!
10 – Paris!
11 – Paris!
12 – Paris!
13 – Paris!
14 – final paper due!
15
16 – horseback riding
17
18 – beach with Linde
19
20 – Daan’s birthday
21 – see Linde
22 – go home (probably)
23 – unpack, pack for camp
24 – organize stuff for moving to Gainesville
25 – see friends, haircut, etc.
26 – drive to camp
27 – start work at camp

There are definitely things I still have to squeeze in somewhere, but the only one coming to mind at the moment is the Efteling. There are more, but I forgot...

And hey: I really, really, really want to go to Discovery Cove! Who wants to come? Mom, I know it's expensive, but doesn't this look like a good family thing for us? Or maybe just me and Catie, if you guys don't want to... they only let 1,000 people in per day, so it's never busy, and you can swim with dolphins and stuff. Looks awesome!

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger