:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

zaterdag 24 april 2004

Yahoo, all the bad things from yesterday have faded into the background - I got my Staatsexamen results! I SMSed Antoanete and Mirela that I was having problems with the site and asked if they had any idea how to view the results, and Mirela answered with the address of another site (which I had already tried, but apparently too early, because the link which I had to click wasn't there then) and so I've finally seen the results. It says if you have 500 points or more for a section, you've passed it. I had:

lezen [reading] 569
luisteren [listening] 530
schrijven [writing] 594
spreken [speaking] 589

So now I wonder how many points it was 'out of'... like, you have to get 500 out of what? 600? 700? 2000? Oh well, the point is I passed. Writing was the best, like I expected - I felt really really good about that section - but strangely, speaking was second best, only 5 points behind writing, and I felt HORRIBLE about that section! It was the last one of the whole test and I came away with a really bad feeling. Then came reading and then listening was last. I expected writing first and listening last - I'm even that way in English (right Mom?) and the listening section was right after lunch so I was falling asleep - but I expected it to be the other way around with speaking and reading. How in $%& did they judge me as speaking better than reading?? Which means both active skills are better than both passive skills. WEIRD. Oh well. I'll shut up now. Point is, I have officially passed, YAY!!! I should get some sort of diploma in the mail in about a month.

It's gloomy outside, but we have approximately three sheets of toilet paper left and I just drank the last of the milk, so I'm going to Edah with my oh-so-stylish bike basket. Ta ta...

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger