:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

vrijdag 12 maart 2004

I saw this on someone else’s blog and thought it was a cool idea, so here we go.

100 Things About Me

1. I am an Aquarius, and my birthday is the anniversary of the date that Hitler came to power
2. I don’t smoke and never have
3. I had a bone deformity when I was 13 that is usually only seen in middle-aged women
4. I speak three languages
5. I am a lifeguard
6. But my biggest fear in the world is drowning (or dying in any way in which I can’t breathe)
7. I had braces
8. I am addicted to SMSing.
9. I love everything written by Jean Auel
10. I worked for four years in the newborn nursery at a hospital
11. I learned to read when I was three
12. And I read really fast
13. I really want to have twins one day
14. I have very oddly-shaped thumbs
15. I have one sister, but we do not look one bit alike
16. I lived my entire childhood (0-18 years) in the same house in Jacksonville, Florida
17. I am usually the first one to finish tests of any kind
18. I lived in Europe for a year, in a building that was once a nursing home
19. I am chronically the last one to see movies (still never seen Star Wars or Forrest Gump)
20. I love to re-read young adult novels
21. Especially ones about, as my mother calls it, ‘death and dying’
22. I don't like fruit, except for strawberries and orange juice
23. But I like almost all other food
24. I am a National Merit Scholar and thus have a full college scholarship
25. Yet I sometimes have shockingly little common sense. My mother will gladly give examples.
26. I love making lists
27. I have my ears pierced twice, and I always wear earrings
28. Old Navy is probably my favorite clothing store
29. I attended the same summer camp for seven years, as both camper and counselor
30. I am constantly amazed at how talented my friends are
31. I spend way too much time on the Internet
32. I love backpacks, purses, suitcases, and anything with lots of zippers and pockets
33. I cannot believe that I am getting older
34. I have a Volkswagen New Beetle
35. I love theme parks and roller coasters
36. I finally enjoy my mom's company ;)
37. I took horseback riding lessons for seven years
38. I am afraid that I won’t be able to raise my kids, when I finally have some, as well as my parents raised me
39. I love Target
40. I still love getting letters via snail mail
41. I admit thinking the American Pie movies are funny
42. I also admit that I saw Titanic five times in the theater.
43. I used to have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi
44. It really annoys me when computers do not perform at lightning speed
45. I love photography
46. I take a multivitamin every day
47. Baseball is the one sport that I absolutely cannot play
48. But I am otherwise very coordinated and athletic
49. I used to be insane for Shania Twain, but I don’t care as much anymore
50. I went to her concerts on 3 dec 1999 and 4 march 2004
51. I also met her on 3 dec 1999 – got invited onstage.
52. I really hate the smell of cigarette smoke
53. I am a fan of the Dutch soap opera Goede Tijden Slechte Tijden
54. I cannot roll my tongue
55. I am terrified of bees and wasps
56. I love driving
57. I need lots of hugs
58. I want a profession involving languages, medicine, traveling, and children, but so far I have not found one.
59. My all-time favorite TV show is ER
60. I am not at all religious
61. I think French fries with mayonnaise are delicious
62. I have big feet for a short girl
63. I wear contact lenses without which I am practically blind
64. I almost never wear makeup, except for lip balm
65. I love hoodies
66. I have a very poor sense of smell
67. I have never been ‘totally wasted drunk’
68. I am totally spoiled by the Florida sunshine
69. I use Dove body wash
70. I kept a diary – several, actually – from age six through thirteen.
71. I eat much more junk food than I should
72. My hazel eyes look brown, but in the light, you can see that they’re really quite green
73. I really like the movie Armageddon.
74. I sometimes feel awkward in social situations
75. When it comes to school, I can be a real perfectionist
76. I adore just having ‘silly’ moments with people, like splashing each other in the pool
77. I love almost all seafood.
78. I am not as terrified of death as most people seem to be
79. I have a chip in my front tooth from a fight with a windowsill when I was ten
80. I'd like to go to Africa
81. I did the IB (International Baccalaureate) program at the high school ranked #1 in America
82. I absolutely love macaroni and cheese
83. I value openness and directness above almost all else
84. I have 15 cousins
85. I love the Disney Channel
86. I am sick of people discriminating against each other
87. I would kill to go into space one day
88. Writing has always been a way for me to sort out what I’m really feeling
89. I hate anything grape-flavored
90. 6 is my lucky number because I won a spelling bee with it when I was ten
91. I have extremely short hair
92. I love swimming and diving from a diving board
93. As I'm typing this, the water is dripping in the kitchen sink and hitting the dishes which I still haven’t washed
94. I hate nightgowns but love pajamas
95. I am a night owl, yet not a big fan of going out and partying
96. I love ice cream
97. Most of my friends are Dutch (thus live in the Netherlands)
98. I am not judgmental about many things
99. But the thing that I hate most in the world is when people treat me like I’m helpless and naïve
100. I love candlelight

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger