:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

maandag 1 maart 2004

Hi guys,

[Argh, there is no Undo button on Blogger! I just accidentally deleted a whole section. OK, typing it again...]

I've decided that there are 'high' and 'low' points (or, better said, 'full' and 'empty' points) in my life when it comes to guys. I'm on the tail end of a 'full' one right now. Lotte said over MSN today (in Dutch), "You're really into the whole dating thing - how come?" And I don't think anybody has ever seen me as being that before. Because that's so not me. Americans, back me up on this. I tried to explain that she had just met me at one of those 'full points', but I don't think she believed me... LOL!

I just got into a discussion over MSN about kids. I am 100% convinced that when and if that day comes, that I want to raise my kids bilingual. At the moment I'm thinking English and Dutch, of course, but who knows... Anyway, there are tons of reasons for it. Being bilingual creates certain pathways in your brain and often makes it easier for you to learn new languages, because you already know how to differentiate between them. Also - once again, one never knows what will happen, BUT - if I were to live over here, my kids would obviously have to know Dutch, but also, English is practically indispensible these days as a world language. I'd never forgive myself if I didn't raise my kids speaking 'my' language, especially when it's so valuable to know. They'll have a lot easier time in school. ;) Also, a bit of a selfish reason perhaps, but: I'd like to be able to speak my NATIVE language to my family once in a while... But then, thinking on the other hand, if I were to live in America (and marry an American), then why in the world do I KNOW this language (Dutch) if I can't speak it to anyone? And if I were to marry a Dutchman, he'd have the same arguments for them learning his language as I just gave for mine. So anyway, that's pretty much a set decision in my mind, no matter which language I have to speak... even though that day is years and years away...

Anyway, I don't quite know how we got onto that topic, but we did, so there are my thoughts.

Still haven't made much progress on that translation. But tomorrow I *have* to - don't have a choice.

I bought a webcam today, woohoo! Yeah, Dad, I know my digicam works as a webcam, but it drains the batteries within a couple of hours and the one I bought is especially for laptops, clips onto the top.

Things to celebrate:
+ only two more months of rent to pay
+ Shania on Thursday (and seeing Martin again...) ;)
+ Staatsexamen on Friday and Saturday - fiiiiiinally going to be 'certified fluent', LOL!
+ Kazaa Lite rocks
+ Mom and Dad sent me the 'good' cheese for my mac&cheese, along with that book A Heart of Stone... they're not here yet, but will be soon! (You guys insured it, right?? No lost packages like before? ;))

Okay, it's bedtime now...

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger