:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

woensdag 10 maart 2004

Busy day... woke up exactly six minutes before my alarm, but I freaked out because it was already light and I thought I was late. But I wasn't, and so I went to class on my bike and turned in my translations and photocopied the LAST of the translations, only 3 left to do (plus of course the test ones and the long excerpt from A Heart of Stone, but I have forever to do those). Then I went to the station and looked AGAIN for shoes and didn't find any, so wandered through V&D until it was time to go get my train to Doetinchem. Which was late (AGAIN) so I missed the connection in Arnhem and had to wait for the next train a half hour later. When I finally got on that train, a woman and her daughter, around 4 or 5 years old, got on a few stops later and the little girl was really hyper, playing with the folding seats and all... but she was adorable so I'm afraid I encouraged her, LOL, since I was next to her...

So I walked to Iselinge and gave Wim his lesson, and then walked back to Doetinchem station and - coincidentally - the woman and her daughter were there again! So we started talking, and the girl had just as much energy as before, so she and I were sort of playing... and then we got on the train and she chattered away to me the whole way. Her name was Soraya. She was smart, too - even knew what a bladder infection was - and very verbal. But her mom looked a bit worn out... understandably... LOL! Anyway, right before they got off the train, her mom and I were explaining to Soraya where America was ("waar Papa een keertje naartoe is gegaan") and how far away it was... and I told her I had to fly for 8 hours and she pretended to faint because it was so far away, then said she wanted to go too. So I asked if I should put her in my suitcase and she started laughing and said no... Anyway, gezellig. It's that kind of social contact that I miss, just talking to random people, and it was nice to do that again.

So then I got back to Utrecht and rode my bike home and once again had perfect timing - had just enough time to make my macaroni before ER came on. And boy, did I eat. I didn't have a real lunch because I was at the station - just a loempia out of the wall... (no, wait, in English it's 'lumpia' I think...) so I ate an incredible amount of macaroni. Saw ER and GTST for the first time in a week and a half. Laura has been accused of Pascalle's murder, and Barbara is throwing herself at Jef trying to make him stay... but I think he's going to go. Anyway, we'll see. And I know who the murderer really is, or at least I do if Lotte's "secret source" is right, but I'm not going to say it here because I don't want to spoil it for anyone...

Random Thought #1 - Why do people spit so much here? It's disgusting.

Random Thought #2 - I have to put those Marco Borsato tickets on Marktplaats and see if someone will trade with me... I really want to go on the 9th with Linde and Alette. Plus that would be easier seeing as I'm going to meet Faith in Paris on the 11th... not nice to have to leave again the next day when I could otherwise have stayed until Monday.

P.S. I definitely have a cold now. Grrrr.

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger