:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

zondag 22 februari 2004

Okay, my hair looks a lot better now than how it did in the picture, so someone please revive my mother, whom I'm sure is lying prostrate on the floor somewhere, haha!

Nice relaxed weekend... Tristan did come over (and brought some Bami, a noodle concoction he makes at work... lekker!) and we watched Big (yay for pianos on the floor!) and caught up a little... then today we slept in and then went to town for a while and bummed around until New York Pizza opened... then we took a pizza home to Rheyngaerde and watched The Sixth Sense. I didn't know there was a person left on EARTH who hadn't seen that movie (LOL, sorry T), but he was rather smart in the questions he was asking... I was afraid he was going to figure it out before the end. He didn't, but it was a close thing. (Every time I watch that movie, I remember the first time I saw it... sophomore year, at Jason's house, with Mandy and Craig and Becka and the whole gang. Is anybody reading this who remembers those good old days? Remember how Jason's uncle, like, slammed open the door and leaped into the TV room right at one of the 'shock' moments? LOL!) Anyway, so Tristan went home ('cause he's a workin' man now, haha) and I had a 'girly' meltdown moment of "stupid-religion, why-can't-we-be-more-than-best-friends"... but I'm all better now, so good for me. And, one thing that went a very long way towards distracting me...

...I HAVE KAZAA LITE!!! FINALLY!!! Huub sent it to me... thank you thank you... Kazaa with no spyware, yaaay!!! So I'm hard at work trying to find the CORRECT version of Marco's new song, "Voorbij". You Dutchies know it - the one with Do. It's all over TMF and The Box and all. The problem is that he already has a song called 'Voorbij' (yes he does too, and yes you do know it, the one that goes like, "En er gaaaaaat nooooooooit een daaaaaag voorbij... dat ik jou niet meer voel, en dat ik jou niet meer mis...") so that's complicating things a little. When does his CD come out again? I forgot. Before June anyway, because that's when the concerts are. And Linde, you said you and Alette had tickets for the 9th; well, mine are for the 12th. Are yours veldkaarten? Because I'd love to switch and go on the same day as you guys - the 9th is better for me anyway, since I'm still planning to meet Faith in Paris - but only if that means we'd all be on the field... I'm not giving up my field spot, LOL!

Hmm, I feel like I had more to say, but I guess I don't. Bedtime for Stormy. I really should list my nicknames on here sometime. Actually, I'll do that now. Because Martin, my new favorite chat buddy (haha!), called me 'Jessica' tonight, which nobody ever does, so it got me thinking about what people DO call me... all manner of things.

Okay, so my real name is Jessica, or Jessica Leigh to be exact, but most of the world calls me Jess. David calls me J, Olga calls me Dilletje, Mr. O'Connor sticks stubbornly by Stormy (as does the rest of Stanton), Tristan calls me 'schat' (or 'lazy butt', depending on the mood... LOL!), and Granddaddy has never called me anything else but Jessie since the day I was born. The baby twins that I babysit back home call me Jessie too. (Actually, wait, they're 3 years old now, hardly babies anymore. WOW... I'm not even going to recognize them when I go home... I've known them since they were only eleven months old...!)

(So Martin, if you don't like 'afkortingen', you'll just have to come up with your own name for me... you sure have enough free time this week to do that, so let's hear it! LOL!)

Further: Grandma calls me Jaybird (a Southern thing?), Dad tacks 'Sport' or 'Sportette' onto the end of my full name, Elise calls me Hans or La Vieja because of our Spanish State Conference plays, and uhhh... I suppose that's it for the moment. I got called a few random things in gym class - Netherlands, for one, and Maverick a couple of times because of the movie Top Gun - but those aren't important.

No wonder I barely recognize 'Jessica' as being me anymore. I looked at it just now and thought, wow, that's a really pretty name. And then I realized - it's my name! LOL!

I think that's my cue that I need to go to sleep. :)

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger