:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

maandag 16 februari 2004

Nogmaals: IF YOU DON'T SEE A DARK BLUE SIDEBAR ON THE RIGHT, RAISE YOUR RESOLUTION! Thanks...

Gezellig (or, as our teacher would say, 'gggezelliggg'!) avondje bij Lotte net... as you can see from the fact that I'm now writing in Dutch, which I absolutely did not mean to do. Weird! Anyway, backing up. Sorry I haven't been available the past couple of days - I got a couple of confused SMSes from Tristan (which made me feel good, T, btw, that somebody cared... haha... so don't go thinking you're an old fart or something. :)) asking where I was. Well, I went to Zeewolde mid-afternoon Sunday to (finally) see Peter's new house... and it is gorgeous. At least I think so, but then, you've all seen the nursing-home-turned-craphole that I live in. But his place is the sort of house I always 'see' in my head as myself + significant other living in, if that should turn out to be here in NL... you know, like what Linde's family lives in... combo kitchen/living room on the ground floor, two bedrooms and a bathroom on the second floor, plus an attic which is also a bedroom, all with big bright windows. Anyway, *jealous* *jealous* *jealous*. (Peter: "En terecht!") :) Anyway, so we made food with the Wonder of the Friteuse (makes it sooo easy to make fries... wish we had these at home) and I introduced him to some of the Wonders of Kazaa Lite (how many songs do you have NOW, hey? ;)) and we watched some TV and stuff... just a nice time; I'd missed him. (Yeah, YOU!)

Anyway, so today I had class again, and it turned out to be all about the monarchy... borrrrrring... a bunch of date-copying and stuff. (L, you can get those notes from me if it turns out we need them...) Anyway, I started talking to Francesca and Lauren, more American exchange students in the class. (Lauren has the prettiest red curly hair - like Annie. Bet she hears that all the time!) Anyway, so I ended up walking to the bank with her to interpret what the ChipKnip oplader said - she knew her money was going onto the card, but then she couldn't spend it. Turned out she hadn't activated it - she couldn't read the Dutch on the screen. Five seconds and her troubles were over. Anyway, it's good to be making friends again.

So then tonight I went over to Zeist to watch GTST with Lise/Lotte/whatever your name is... maybe you'll be LiLo from now on, LOL! Anyway, so that was where this whole rambling entry started. We made pancakes (or, rather, Lotte ruined the first batch and we ran to the store for more mix, THEN made pancakes :) ...Teasing you, L, I know it was the pan/the mix/the American in the room/anything but your cooking skills, right?? ;)) Anyway, pancakes, GTST (for those who care, Pascalle was murdered and there's a big investigation) and chocolate mousse, yum yum yum... then channel-flipping, Net-surfing, Bailey's-drinking, talk talk talk, bugging MSN people, etc. ...Speaking of which - Paul, sorry if she scared you off, LOL! (Misschien hadden we een beetje teveel Bailey's op...) Anyway, very nice night. (And now I have someone to go to Marco with me in June, YAY!!!) L: je moet ook snel een keertje bij mij komen eten... dan kun je je kamer vergelijken met een 'echte' Utrechtse studentenkamer, haha!!!

Okay, well, I was just writing this to try to 'wind down' a little... I have school tomorrow, so I'd better get to bed now. Anyway... leave some love and TTYS!!!

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger