:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

vrijdag 13 februari 2004

Current Music: Volumia – “Jij”

Hey everyone. It’s Friday the 13th, are you superstitious?? ;) I’m not, but I am actually not having the best day in the world, so maybe there’s something to this, haha…

Last night was fun – actually, all of yesterday was fun. T and I had the idea that we wanted to go to Amersfoort and have Subway, so I went to class while he sat in my room and amused himself with my computer, LOL… class was pretty boring, a horribly cheesy video (Holland: The Best Friend You’ll Ever Make) and a long lecture from the teacher. L and I sat there eating Starburst-like candies and giving each other LOOKS whenever something particularly off-the-wall came up. Anyway, so I went home and found out that T had done my translating assignment for me – have I mentioned lately how much you ROCK?! And if you’re reading this, you really should have gone to university… you enjoy doing OTHER people’s homework so much… LOL! :)

So we went to Amersfoort and found out the Subway wasn’t there anymore, had in fact been gone for like six months according to the people next door. So we had KFC and read the paper and stuff, nothing very eventful. While reading the paper we saw that School of Rock, that movie with Jack Black, had just started, so we decided to go see it. Then while driving back to Utrecht I got an SMS from L saying that she was going to be in the city until 9 and did we want to go do something? So we arranged for her and a friend of hers to go to the movie with us. It was, as L said, ‘waardeloos, maar wel lachen’ – worthless but still a good laugh. If you’re seeing it for the first time, that is. It’s not something I would ever buy on DVD – it doesn’t flow well at all – but a couple of those kids have real talent and are fun to watch.

Anyway, T and I went to Charlie Chiu’s and had fries and milkshakes, then took the bus back to Rheyngaerde. He went home and I sat down in front of the computer again to check over what he’d written. I ended up changing a few words but leaving it almost exactly the same. It was 3.15 before I got to bed and I had class this morning at 11. However, I ended up missing it. I DID set my alarm, I DID, because when I woke up this morning the little ‘alarm’ icon was still present… but I have absolutely no memory of hearing it go off. I remember waking up once – it was bright outside – and thinking, uh oh, I must be late. But then I checked my clock and I don’t remember what time it said, but I very clearly thought, “Oh, I have another hour and a half,” so I laid down again. And then woke up at 11.30. Bah. Anyway, I raced over to school and got there as class was ending, so I turned in my assignment and got the next one – Dutch to English, thank goodness. This’ll be easy.

Anyway, then went to Albert Heijn and then came home. I actually bought one of those microwave-dinner things – boerenkool met worst – and I’m planning to have it tonight, so we’ll see if it’s any good. Hopefully that’ll help me out here… my body is ‘trying’ to get sick but can’t quite do it. I’ve had a sore throat off and on for the past couple days, and I can feel that something isn’t quite ‘right’, but I haven’t come down with anything yet – I keep taking my vitamins and all… maybe if I go to bed early tonight I can throw it off.

Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and Jess is officially single. Not so nice. Oh well, it’s not the end of the world, I guess.

Oh, and before I forget: P (the Enschede one) printed out my ENTIRE site (the archives, I mean) to read, and he printed both sides of the paper and still said it was like 70 pages. Wow. Anyway, he gave me a lot of compliments about my writing style, etc., so THAT was at least one good thing that happened today… thanks P!!! :) That gives me some motivation to keep updating regularly… even when I feel like I just can’t be bothered.

I don’t have anything to do now… maybe I’ll go to sleep again. Oh, but I have discovered one bad thing about S and I having switched rooms – that I never get to watch my shows anymore. Strong Medicine at 6.45 and GTST at 8… it’s sort of my little ‘routine’ that I eat while watching those shows. But I’ve only gotten to see 1 day this week because S always has friends over or is watching a soccer game or playing the PS2. Oh well… once again, TV isn’t the end of the world, but that little block of time is just something I enjoy. I can think about OTHER people’s problems for a while, no matter how unrealistic they are, haha!

Okay, well, I’ll go post this and then probably start on this translation… but I don’t see it taking longer than about 30 minutes. The text is shorter and much easier than the one we did yesterday, since for the rest of the class this will be more difficult than the first one. I’d actually like to do something a bit more complicated… oh well.

Tot de volgende keer!

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger