:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

dinsdag 9 december 2003

Okay, I’ve never complained about S on this site before, but he doesn’t read it anyway and I’m getting so fed up that I’m about to explode!

The latest exchange:

Me: “If you’re going out anyway, could you take the garbage down with you?” [I had already taken the bag out of the can, set it in the hall, and put in a new one]
S: “Uh, do you have some aversion to taking it out yourself?”
Me: “No, but I always do it, and it’s cold out there, and you’re going out anyway.”
S; “I’ve done it like the last two times!”
Me: [getting mad] “Maybe so, but I think I’ve done it every single time before that!”
S: “I doubt it…” [hoists bag] “…It’s not that hard!”

Sigh… that’s just not the kind of thing S *thinks* about! (By the way, he only did it the last ONE time… I know, because I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed the can was empty and so I thanked him for it.) Maybe all guys are like that, I don’t know, but does he honestly not notice??? I really do take that smelly garbage out ALL the time – we’ve been here four months and I don’t believe he’s ever done it a single time before last week – that being the reason I thanked him, hoping he might CONTINUE that behavior once in a while… hint hint. And not only do I empty the nasty kitchen can, but I empty the living room and bathroom cans into it before I take it down.

And I buy the toilet paper… literally every single stinking time! OK, so the girl in the house uses more of it, but still. Every time. S has bought paper towels a couple of times and detergent once. Aside from that, anything that we share, either I buy or I do. Yes, I can be slack about dishes, but I always DO them. He acts like he’s the only one living here. When I did my laundry a while back, he decided less than 24 hours later that he had to do his too, so he threw all my still-soaking-wet stuff on my bed to hang up his own. When A came for dinner, he only made enough for two. And with this whole Internet mess, he complained every bit as much as I did, but I must have gone to the office five or six times trying to resolve things and he never even tried once.

Oh, and did I mention that we talked and talked about maybe getting a printer? I needed one once in a while for class, and we talked about getting one and sharing it. I even pointed a few cheap ones out when we were in the stores. But he showed no interest, so I backed off and decided if it was just me needing it, I’d save my money. So I started using the printer in the office. But now that HE has a class where he has to print things out, he went to MediaMarkt without talking to me and bought a printer all by himself, which I’m sure he wouldn’t let me use more than once unless I paid him for half of it. Which I would gladly have done, and he knew that, but the point is he didn’t consult me and still hasn’t. I guess I’m coming across as not very pro-active here, that *I* should talk to *him*, which of course I should. Problem is, I can’t remember everything if I try to talk face-to-face. I tried putting it in an e-mail but it just got meaner and meaner so I didn’t send it. Sigh. They’re all small things, really, but four months of small things… I’m sooo glad I’m getting a new room!!!!

Speaking of which, I should SMS or call M… she said she’d call me after she talked to her huisbaas and she hasn’t yet. Now that she’s got me all excited, she better come through!

Boswell test today… except for a small portion of the listening, it was pretty easy. The opdracht was especially good. We could choose between two topics and one of them was organ donation, a special interest of mine, so I know I did well. No class tomorrow, and then we get the results Thursday. So I’m now officially fluent in Dutch, or supposedly. Strange thought.

Okay, now that I’ve vented… bye.

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger