:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

zaterdag 22 november 2003

Current Music: Marco Borsato - "Zomaar" (mooi!!!)

Guess what? I get to give English lessons! One-on-one with a school principal who wants to go to a conference in the US in a few months. It's not for sure yet, but A (P's mom's boyfriend) e-mailed me about it on Thursday night. He thought of me because I'm a native English speaker and P, a native Dutch speaker, has been giving Dutch lessons to a Spaniard for some time now... Anyway, I answered and now I'm waiting on his answer again. Exciting!!! First because I'm seriously running out of money, but also just because this is something I've always wanted to try. I'm going to pick up a TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) minor when I get back to UF, and this is a good start. I hope it actually works out - it sounds fun. And lucrative. :)

Poor P (the other one) is working yet again; all the employees are having to work overtime because they're so busy these days. And on top of that, he has to drive from Buitenpost (in Friesland) just to *get* to work (in de buurt van Almere of Amsterdam) every day. But I'll admit, he sees some interesting things. He calls almost every night and there's always something new - a pile of brand-new shoes sitting in the middle of nowhere, a guy peeing against a building, a sex-toys factory with the alarm going off (so naturally they had to inspect the whole building ;))... the list goes on. :)

I didn't do much today - rode my bike into town, loaded my Chipknip (easier way to pay for trains), put air in my bike tire, bought a few groceries (finally found a microwave pizza)... just normal stuff. Tomorrow I have to go to Lunetten to pick up my Elton John tickets from a woman at her job (at a dialysis center). Goodbye to another 120 euro... (P, ik zei toch al dat dit geen 'ik vind je lief' kado is... geef me mijn 135 euro! LOL!)

Speaking of tickets, if anyone wants a pair of first-ring Shania seats, e-mail me. If I don't get any responses within a few days I'll stick them on eBay.

One last thing, pretty much only applies to the Dutch people since it's about a commercial: heeft iemand die reclame met de Amerikaanse meisjes gezien? Ik weet eigenlijk niet waar het over gaat, maar die met 'Wij studeren Nederlands in Amsterdam... wij vonden jullie wel een beetje raar in het begin.' Ik kan absoluut niet tegen dat accent! Andere accenten heb ik geen probleem mee, maar het Amerikaanse accent vind ik zo lelijk in de Nederlandse taal. Vooral met: 'Jullie Nederlanders maken de beste toetjes ter wereld!' ...Doet dat accent geen pijn aan jullie oren??? Ugh! Ik vind het zo ontzettend vreselijk dat ik echt niet kan luisteren... zo praat ik niet, he???

Geen zin meer in schrijven...

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger