:: eye of the storm ::


About Me

A 27-year-old PA student who wants to visit all seven continents, write a book, work at a pediatric clinic in Africa, and basically meet as many of the world's challenges as possible.

View my complete profile

current mood:
current mood

Life List

(already accomplished)

Become a PA

Visit all 7 continents

Take a SwimTrek trip

Bike through Western Europe

Raft the Grand Canyon

Improve my Spanish proficiency

Go on safari in Africa

Trace my roots at Ellis Island

Vacation in Hawaii

Work on a hospital ship in a Third World country

Celebrate New Year's in Times Square

Visit all 50 states (29 to go: AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY)

See the ruins at Pompeii

Swim in Capri's Blue Grotto

Tour Mt. Vesuvius

Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain

Tour the Colosseum

Visit the D-Day beaches

See the Mona Lisa

Visit the palace at Versailles

See the Acropolis and Parthenon

See the Egyptian pyramids

Hike the Inca Trail

Walk El Camino Santiago

Take an Alaskan cruise

View the Taj Mahal at sunrise

Hike Table Mountain in South Africa

Climb through the Amazon canopy

Walk at least part of the Great Wall of China

Get laser hair removal

Learn to surf, ski, and snowboard

Learn to drive a stick-shift

Learn to play the piano

Go on a tropical cruise

Ride horseback on the beach

Ride in a hot air balloon

Get tickets to the Olympics

Go to adult Space Camp

Witness a shuttle launch from up close

Build a full-sized snowman

Sew a quilt out of my old race T-shirts

Update and continue my Life Scrapbook

Become the oldest person to ever do the River Run

Live to be a happy, healthy 100 years old - at least!

(unlikely dreams)

dinsdag 2 september 2003

Current Music: Matchbox 20 – “Unwell”

Hello all! Sorry it’s been a few days… been busy. And I have the Headache that Ate the World right now, so this’ll be short.

First off, I’ve moved all the August entries to their appropriate location in the archives (see right-hand column), so that’s why the page is so much shorter. :-)

Second… the cell phone odyssey continues to march on. We figured everything out – plan, provider, phone model, costs, etc. – then went to get them and thought we were making real progress… until we were informed that we had to have bank statements in order to get the cell phone plan. Which we didn’t have, since we’ve only had our accounts a few weeks. Guess when the statements arrived? Yes, today… and so S went and tried again today and discovered that the prices all changed – just today – and so the phone we want is now 109 Euros instead of 50. Sigh. So it’s back to the drawing board on all fronts…

On the lighter side, I got to see D for the first time since ‘The Talk’, which was really nice. I’d missed him more than I realized. He came over yesterday and we played with our laptops (he just got a new one) and then went out to dinner with S and H, and for drinks with M and her friends, then decided that since we both had other plans for Saturday, that we’d change our plans yet again and go to Sex Flags (Six Flags, of course… don’t ask how that alteration came about, I really don’t even know myself) today instead. So he crashed with us last night and the two of us did that today, and it was great. Hardly anyone was in the park so we didn’t have to wait for anything – we even rode the best roller coaster, the Goliath, a dozen times. Yes, 12 times! 3 at first, then later 9 more… yes, 9 times in a row. (No, we weren’t sick. LOL!) Anyway, it was good to see him and act normally around each other. (I always forget how ridiculously well he knows me – that ESP thing of ours is never going to die, which is great. He took the words out of my mouth at least 30 times over the course of two days, LOL! Even over stupid things, like if H ‘sounded American’ at a certain point during dinner…) I did have a few moments where I regretted that there was ‘something missing’… especially watching S and H together… but overall we just had a really good time together. He still knows me better than anyone – can always ‘read’ me, even when no one else can – and regardless of what’s happened, I’m so lucky to have him.

OK, getting sentimental… Moving on… ;)

Anyway, things sort of dissolved tonight – all 4 of us were hungry and cranky and ended up in a fight/discussion, J & D versus S & H – started over food, but with other stuff under the surface – don’t ask – so S and H are out eating now, D is driving home, and I’m here. H is going back to France tomorrow and S and I have orientation. But I don’t remember exactly where we’re supposed to be going… oh well, I’ll find out when they get home.

Oh oh oh... random insert... I got a new bed! Yay! It's a 'slaapbank', or a futon-like couch-bed convertible thing which I love! It's red, and folds out to a very comfy double bed. :-) I've never had a double bed, not even at home - and on the rare occasions when I have had one, I've shared it. So... COOL!!! :-D

Okay, well, this isn’t as short as I’d thought it was going to be, but whatever. :-) Slaap lekker, allemaal…

My Stuff

Blogs I Read

Blogging Since 2003


Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

Powered by Blogger